Sunday, June 12, 2011

Review: Beef XXL Grilled Stuffed Burrito

I cannot decide if this is the Taco Bell I like or if this is more like the crap they have been shoveling lately as specialty items. I mean it is more of the same yes, but at the same time it is something new and I honestly was kind of excited to try this item. There is a TON of stuff shoved into this thing. Heck, mine broke open in like three spots before I even opened it. So what is it and how was it?
looks like it was a little to big


The XXL grilled stuffed burrito is beef, rice, beans, sour cream, guac, fiesta salsa, avocado ranch, and cheese. So do these things blend, or does it just taste like a handful of shit? I am going to go with meh, not quite shit... but still not awesome. Lets start with the good. The fiesta salsa always adds a great freshness to the grilled stuffed burrito. I LOVE the avocado ranch sauce. it makes it creamy but light. I honestly wish they would of just done that and scratched the quac. That is my first complaint. They quac is so over processed to the point where it just taste like chemicals. Another complaint is just way too much stuff that does not really turn into anything. It all just seems to add up to turn into filler. The only things I could really taste was the salsa and avocado ranch. I suppose it might be cause I got beef or because it is a grilled stuffed burrito but it still was kind of a disappointment.

Rating- 3/5 "It's Just Meh"

I am glad they tried something interesting and new, even if it did not work that well. I am still loving the avocado ranch and want to add that to everything there! That and the volcano Sauce.

Two other notes. 

1. Crunch wraps are only 99 cents this week. Looks like Taco Bell is adding a new weekly value item every week this summer. Genius on there part. 

2. Anyone who is watching the NBA Finals and has been, this is for you. I have learned to HATE the heat at this point. Going into the finals I really had no problem with them and was neutral to who one. Now it had turned into a burning hate for them and I want to watch them loose. This is no fault but theirs either. Just watching them and their behavior pisses me off. Just venting.


No comments:

Post a Comment