Sunday, February 26, 2012

review: Taco Bell Breakfast aka FirstMeal

 So I recently was in Oklahoma City for a weekend. I decided I could use this road-trip to stop by one of the few Taco Bell location that has breakfast! I for one was really excited to try FirstMeal. I love Taco Bell. It is one of my favorite fast food places not only because I like the food but the variety and creativity of some of the menu items is cool too. Anyhow, needless to say this die hard Taco Bell fan was really looking forward to this breakfast. How was it you ask?

Lets just say I was extremely disappointed. Here is a rundown of every item and why it did not live up to my expectations. Also a heads up, they ran out of the Cini-bites so those are not reviewed here. I was mad too.


Grande Skillet Burrito- So this was the only thing on the menu I felt like I might get again someday. It is just egg, steak, potatoes (the fiesta potatoes), cheese, and pico. The thing that made this burrito good was the Pico. It really made the burrito light and fresh. The steak was pretty bland and the eggs has that mass-produced taste. It also was not that big for being close to three bucks. 

Review 4/5 - "It's Pretty Good"

The Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Burrito- So this was pretty horrible. the bacon was just bacon bits. and not even crispy, cooked ones but raw, chewy ones. Why couldn't they just get normal bacon? 

Review- 1/5 "it's Flippin Horrendous"

The Steak, Egg, and Cheese Burrito- Taco Bell's steak has always been pretty weak. This burrito shows that even more. there was a sauce in it but I honestly couldn't even taste it. I was hoping it was the baja sauce but I don't think it was. 

Review - 3/5 "It's Just Meh"


Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Burrito- Just like the bacon, but with really bad, freeze dried crumbled sausage. Only thing you can really taste is the cheese. This sausage is horrible. 

Review- 2/5 "it's Not Worth It"


Hash Brown- Think of a McDonalds hash brown that was left in the grease pit. It was literally oozing with grease. So gross. 

Review-1/5 "it's Flippin Horrendous"


Johnsonville Sausage Breakfast Wrap- So this was some ol bullshit. This is supposed to be a sausage round patty, egg and cheese. Nope, It was just that freeze dried sausage again, making it just a bigger burrito? I am assuming they just had no more patties. It also was super surprising just how small this is. Thing of a mini crunch-wrap. 

Review- 1/5 "it's Flippin Horrendous"

I think this effort is a huge failure on Taco Bell's part. They should be able make something crazy and good for breakfast, not this crap. The guys in the food lab need to put on their thinking caps and fix this horrible mistake. Throw some Volcano sauce on it or something! 

Overall Review: 1/5 "It's Flippin Horrendous"

No comments:

Post a Comment