Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Review: Brunch at Brownstone

The Brownstone Special
Brunch is one of my favorite parts about Sundays. Eat a huge meal that combines breakfast and lunch, typically in buffet form. How could that meal like that be bad! I recently went to a restaurant in Fort Worth I like called Brownstone. I heard they offered brunch so I decided to give it a whirl. It was not a buffet but I'll take it.

What I got: The Brownstone Special

Mimosa!!
Bread Pudding French Toast

Brownstone, for those who have never been, is kind of an upscale southern-style restaurant. It is damn good too. Their brunch was no exception. The Brownstone special is a brisket and potato hash, Sunny-side up eggs, and a spicy chili. It was simple but so good. The potatoes were crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. The brisket was moist and flavorful, which is probably due to the bits of fat it still had left on it. The eggs were just how they should be with a hash like this. The bottom was solid but not burnt and the yolks were just runny enough. Enough heat was provided by the chili to give it some kick without overpowering the flavors of everything else. I also got a mimosa which was only $4 or so and had unlimited refills! It was not to watered down at all, maybe even a little on the strong side, which is the way it should be. I was with my girlfriend who got the Bread-pudding french toast. All I can say to that is wow. It was their bread pudding, sliced into sticks and deep fried. It was extremely sweet but absolutely delicious.

Rating 5/5- "It's the Bee's Knees!"

The quality was superb, the food was delicious, and the price was reasonable. Brownstone is slowly becoming a restaurant in Fort Worth I really enjoy. The atmosphere is homey and the service is good. I definitely recommend giving it a shot if one is ever in Fort Worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment