Friday, April 8, 2011

Review: Taco Bell Cheesy Double Decker Taco

Once again Taco Bell has managed to come out with a promotional item that seems so simple and obvious, I can guarantee  people probably thought this was already on the menu. Is is really that hard Taco Bell? I mean bring back some of your old promotions. All you did was add freaking nacho cheese to a double decker taco?! I really hope this "add-sauce-BAM-new-item" thing does not become a trend. Taco Bell's ability to come up with crafty seasonal items is one of the best things about the place. Anyways, regardless of my complaining about the originality of the promotion, it is still a pretty good item.

The Cheesy Double Decker Taco is, as described by the Taco bell website, a flour tortilla filled with beans and nacho cheese sauce wrapped around a classic crunchy taco. Like I said above, it pretty unexciting. That being said, the item itself is not half bad. When I was a kid I used to love the double decker tacos. They were the best of both worlds! I got a taco and a bean burrito in one bite. Eventually they got kinda pricey and I stopped getting them. Now I think the traditional one is at around $1.50 or so. Still not a lot but  there are more exciting things on the menu for that much. Hell, the Cheesy Gordita Crunch (In my opinion Taco Bells crown jewel) is only $1.99 at my Taco Bell. This double decker however is only $.89. That is $.61 cheaper then the original, and they add cheese sauce. I hope I am not the only one who thinks this shows how cheap it really is to make the food at Taco Bell where they can afford to add something and drop the price by almost half. 



Rating 3/5 -"It's just meh"

It is good on a basic level. I mean if you like Taco Bell's tacos and like beans and cheese, you will probably enjoy it. And for $.89 cents it is a good bargain item for what is given. I think a regular taco costs the same amount actually.... Anyhow don't go out of your way to get it but next time your at The Bell you mine as well add it on to what you get to try it. 

Oh and Taco Bell, go back to the glory days of promotional items. I will list my favorite three of yesteryear below.

1. The 3,5,and 7 layer nachos
2. The Bacon Club Chalupa
3. Okay I don't remember what it is called but it was a burrito that had steak, red tortilla strips, and a bunch of other stuff and was so good. I think I went to taco bell everyday that month because of it. 

Anyways thats all for now! Does anyone else have anything they miss from Taco Bell?

No comments:

Post a Comment