Saturday, August 20, 2011

Review: Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager and Pyramid Audacious Apricot Ale

So now that I am of age to enjoy a good alcoholic beverage now and again, I do my best to try a variety of different beers. Sense Summer-time is typically a time for lighter, more refreshing flavors, I have been giving the seasonal beers a try. Fruity beers are very popular during summer, the fruity flavors are perfect for summer. I already tried the Ruby Redbird from Shiner. Now I have moved on to a strawberry flavored beer and an apricot flavored beer.

First up,

Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager

I felt very manly drinking this one. I tried it at my sisters place, I would not by this myself. I have too much pride. Anyways it comes out a nice golden color. One thing to worry about with fruity beers is too much fruit flavor. If the flavor is too strong it often ruins the beer. Seeing the beer is still a golden color even with the strawberry was good start. It definitely had an aroma of strawberries as well. As far as flavor goes, it is was pretty spot on. One can definitely taste the strawberry but it is not overpowering. The aftertaste is a bit to sweet for me personally but what can you do. Overall it is a refreshing beer that is good for a summertime treat but I would never drink it on a regular basis.

Rating: 4/5 "It's Just Swell"

Pyramid Audacious Apricot Ale



It has a very cloudy, golden appearance. It is an unfiltered beer so that would make sense. The smell definitely rings of apricot, which i enjoyed at first but if you smell it too long it gets a bit too strong. Comes off almost more of a wheat then fruit flavor at first taste. Then the apricot hits and gives it a strong but crisp fruit flavor. After this it ends with the same wheat flavor from the beginning. It is a very smooth drink but also pretty dense. Much more heavy then the Abita.

Rating 4/5 "It's Just Swell"

Overall: I would say these are both great beers to have during summer at a get-together. I would NOT recommend them as a regular drink. Think of them more as a summer-time treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment