Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Review: Wendy's Monterey Ranch Chicken Sandwhich

There really is not a whole lot to say about this one in all honesty. Once again, I give props for mixing up their value menu. They are smart and have really the closest fast food place to Taco Bell as far as a decent value menu is concerned, even with the shrinking of the menu. This is once again another solid attempt at mixing the value menu up.

The sandwich itself is pretty basic. It is just a chicken patty (the cheap processed kind), Monterey Jack cheese, Ranch, and lettuce. Nothing to crazy here. I will say that for a "value" chicken sandwich it is nice to have something besides mayo and lettuce with it. The ranch provides a nice flavor to it that makes it like eating a giant chicken nugget. The cheese gives it just enough of a little kick to make it new and different. Now the lettuce in really weak and needs to be discarded or fixed because it only gives me false hope for some freshness to it. I think they could really improve this by either fixing the lettuce or adding a tomato and onions. It IS a value item though so once again, it gets a pass on a lot of things for only being 99 cents.

Rating: 3/5 "It's Just Meh"

I find myself being suckered by a lot of value items as far as ratings go. On one hand it is not very good but on the other, it is what you pay for. Would I get this every time I go to Wendy's? Probably not. If I was super hungry for a chicken sandwich and on a budget would this be my first choice? Probably. Trade-offs I suppose. But once again. Props to Wendy's for mixing things up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment