Monday, October 17, 2011

Review: Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from DQ

I love fall. Know why I love fall? Because I love food, and the best food comes in the fall. Between the pumpkin bagels, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin beer, and everything else, I cannot get enough pumpkin. I am a huge pumpkin pie fan, so I headed over to DQ to see how their pumpkin pie blizzard was, and to see if it stacked up to the real thing!


Sorry for the poor picture
I will say I had high expectations going into this. After the Nutter Butter Blizzard (possibly the best blizzard ever), I did not know what to expect. Thankfully DQ delivered. The blizzard itself has the perfect combination of pumpkin flavor and ice cream. I was worried it would be like eating frozen pumpkin pie, which I felt like would taste pretty bad. It definitely is more ice cream with a hint of pumpkin. There are also TONS of crunchy (but a bit soggy) pie pieces mixed throughout. I do not know if I just got lucky with so many pieces but it was awesome. Normally with things like this toward the end you have to start digging for pieces and savoring them. With this I had a few spoonfuls of crusty pieces left at the end.

YUM-O

They top it off with whipped cream and nutmeg, to give it that authentic pumpkin pie feel. Those two do not really add much as far as flavor goes, but it gives it the look.

Rating 4/5 "It's Just Swell"

While it still was not as good as the Nutter Butter Blizzard, it is still fantastic. If you like blizzards and pumpkin pie this is totally made for you. I am kind of happy it is only a seasonal thing so I can enjoy it, appreciate it, but not get sick of it. Anyways props to DQ for getting this one right.

No comments:

Post a Comment