Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review: Taco Bell XXL Chalupa


Thank you Taco Bell. You somehow have found a way to shovel a massive boatload of shit into millions of Americans stomachs. Yes I am of course talking about the, actually I guess I just described every item at Taco Bell didn’t I?

Huh, funny how that works.

Anyhow, I am talking about the XXL Chalupa from Taco Bell. This is not a new item to their menu of course. God forbid they get too creative with their cheap ingredients. No, this actually came out last year around October as well. It is basically just a Chalupa, but way bigger and full of more crap.

To be fair, I actually do not hate it either. I think the Chalupa is one of Taco Bell’s better items, although they have gotten way over-priced in recent times (they are getting close to $3 a pop now). Imagine just taking all three Chalupa fillings and dumping them into one GIANT Chalupa shell. It tastes exactly how you imagine it to. Lots of flavors mixing together to form a pretty big mess. I got the beef version and it tasted most like the Baja Chalupa with nacho cheese added in. The shell is a little flimsy and will probably break every time no matter what so I definitely recommend this to be eaten when you are capable of operating a fork and knife.

Rating 4/5 “It’s Just Swell”

This gets big points with me because of the price point. I mean it when I say it is equal to three regular Chalupas (it probably is in calories too) and it is only fifty cents more than a regular Chalupa. I have yet to try the steak or chicken versions but the beef is worth the price. If you life Chalupas or the crap Taco Bell shovels for food, you will like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment