Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: Shiner Ruby Redbird

Well I want to put a quick disclaimer on here first. I do not drink a whole lot so I am not super experienced with alcohol. I mean I can tell good beer from piss beer but thats about it. I am not the biggest fan of stouts or ales, I know that much. My sister recommended the Shiner Ruby Redbird so I went ahead and gave it a shot (we have similar tastes).


I have had most of the Shiner varieties up to this point being Texas born and raised. I like Shiner, it is a good middle class beer. They also do a great job mixing it up and providing plenty of varieties with the seasons. This has to be one of my favorites though. It is beer with a hint of Ruby Red Grapefruit and ginger. I was hoping it would be red, but then again I am glad it isn't because it is a very appealing golden color. Right of the first sip you can taste the grapefruit. It is strong, yet not too pungent. You get the tartness without the sourness of grapefruit. The ginger hits with after leaving a clean taste in your mouth afterwords. It is definitely a lighter beer and maybe could have benefited from some more volume but too thick and it kills the idea of being a "summer beer". All in all if you can get Shiner and want to try literally what I think makes a perfect summer beer, give it a shot. You won't be looking like a beer connoisseur or a hard-ass drinker, but you will be enjoying a quality cold one for sure.

Rating 4/5 "It's Just Swell"

Now go enjoy a cold one, you have an excuse

No comments:

Post a Comment