Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Review: Wendy's Spicy Chipotle Sandwiches

I have to give Wendy's credit. They are one of the few fast food places that mixes up their value menu. I recently was passing my local Wendy's and it turns out they have two new 99 cent sandwiches. After doing some peaking around I could not find any info about them on the website so I am assuming they might be testing them here. Or they are on their value menu so they do not want to advertise them. Either way they hooked me in. They are the Spicy chipotle sandwiches. There is a chicken and burger version of them. They both have a slice of pepper jack, jalapenos, and chipotle sauce. Does Wendy's have a winner?



Burger
Chicken



Yes and no. I appreciate the effort here. Offering some flavor to my value menu options is always appreciated. Pepper-jack cheese is always a welcome substitution to any sandwich. The chipotle sauce is spicy but does not have  much flavor. Unfortunately there is not a whole lot of a chipotle taste to it either which made me sad. The jalapenos were nothing special but provided a good kick. Now I have to emphasize there is a HUGE difference between the two. The burger version was so much less satisfying then the chicken version. You can see in the pictures above that the burger patty is just too small. I felt like I was eating bun with cheese and spicy stuff. I could not taste the burger and I felt like there was no heft that I like to have in my Wendy's burgers. If they made it a double then it might work. Now the chicken was much better. It was a big breaded piece that made the sandwich more filling. At 99 cents a piece I can not complain too much but I really can only see myself getting the chicken version again.

Ratings: 
Spicy Chipotle Burger 2/5 "It's Not Worth It"
Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sandwich: 4/5 "It's Just Swell"

I am almost done with finals so I will be updating more often! Sorry for the slowness lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment