Friday, March 25, 2011

Quickview: Chick-Fil-A Banana Pudding Milkshake and Rango

Two new quickviews for everybody. They are going to be extra short today, I am feeling lazy.


What I got: Chick-Fil-A Banana Pudding Shake

Chick-fil-a has my absolute favorite fast food shakes. They are rich and creamy but not so thick you can not drink it (Whataburger I am looking at you). The first day they launched the shakes I was at my local Chick-fi-a's door at 6:30 am ready for one. They even gave me a free shirt for being the first one to get one! That being said they are also really good about their seasonal shakes. They release shakes that only come out every so often, and every one of them is fantastic. This has to be their best one yet. I think of Banana Pudding as a huge comfort food desert. It just reminds me of cookouts and family and friends. That makes sense being as that is the only time I see or eat it. Chick-fil-a has mastered the flavor, making the flavor strong but not artificial. It is smooth and tastes exactly like banana pudding does. They also add wafer cookie chunks to it which give it a nice mix in consistency. My only complaint is the need for a bigger straw as these chunks can cause clogs every now and again. Chick-fil-a has does it again and made a fantastic shake. With this and Blue Bell just releasing a banana pudding ice cream, I will be in heaven when the Texas heat hits in the coming months.

Rating- 5/5 "It's the Bee's Knees!"

What I watched- Rango

I am personally getting tired of Johnny Depp. He is a great actor, I know that for a fact. He used to be one of my favorites actually. Recently though, he only seems to be doing quirky, goofy roles a la Jack Sparrow. It was fun to watch at first but it is starting to wear on me. This movie puts him in this role once again. Fortunately it is refreshing and matches the feel of Rango perfectly. I do not know if it is because it is animated or because Gore Verbinski knows how to direct, but I enjoyed Depp tremendously. I found there are moments in this movie were I was almost crying with genuine laughter, which is rare nowadays. It is a western and has your typical plot points as any western does. It also has some predictable plot twists. These faults do not take away from the joy that is this movie however. The animation and soundtrack are both top of the line as well. Pixar should be jealous of this film, it is a very smart, funny children movie. Props to Nickelodeon for putting this movie out, they picked a winner!

Rating- 4/5 "It's Just Swell"

That's All Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment