Friday, March 18, 2011

Review: Taco Bell Pacific Shrimp Burrito


I almost just skipped this review entirely. Taco Bell is known for crappy fast food. That is why people like it. No one goes to Taco Bell thinking "I am ready for a high quality meal". If you do, you have some very low standards my friend. Anyways I am getting frustrated with the bell lately because ever sense their beef scandal they are pushing "higher quality". Now everyone knows that is some ol BS because it is Taco bell. Regardless, now they are selling shrimp again. Shrimp, as in seafood. As in something Taco Bell should not be selling. I tried the Shrimp Taco last year, and it was horrible. So in my infinite wisdom, I decided to try the burrito hoping it might be better.

So the first thing I need to say is the shrimp is not good. It is exactly what you would expect from fast food shrimp. It is small, way to salty, and has no plumpness that I like in shrimp. Like I said, it is Taco Bell so who is surprised by that. Another thing that pissed me off is you only get six shrimp in the burrito. It is not a small burrito and is almost $4, so the fact they only put six in it was not cool. The rest of the burrito is where it sets itself apart from the taco. The rest of the burrito was nothing exciting, it was just fresh. It is lettuce, pico de gaio, cheese, and avocado ranch sauce. It is pretty big considering that is all the burrito is. The lettuce was plentuful, the pico was fresh tasting. Taco Bells Avacado Ranch sauce is one of the most underappreciated things taco bell has and I wish they would use it more.

Rating- 3/5 "It's Just Meh"

The burrito is better than I expected. It feels light and yet filling. Unfortunately the bad shrimp and the insane price point kills it. If it had steak or chicken it be an easy 4/5 but in the meantime, if you are on lent and can't eat meat it is a good substitute for Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment