Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: Dutch's Bacon Bleu Cheese

Another Dutch's review today. This time I did not go out side of my typical orders and went ahead and got my favorite burger of the menu!

I have a love affair with bleu cheese. I could eat bleu cheese whole and not get tired of it. It has always struck me as a love-it-or-hate-it type food. I mean I understand why people are turned off of it. It has mold in it and has a taste that if not familiar with it will make you cringe and make a face of someone who just licked a jockstrap. Anyways so when I came to Dutch's the first time 4 years ago, this was the burger I got. After first bite, I was in love.

The burger is bacon, bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, and chipotle mayo. Everything here has its place and balances itself perfectly. The burger patty, as I have discussed before, is perfect. The center is moist and juicy and there is a nice crisp crust. Bacon this thick is the stuff you see at a great breakfast place, so adding it on a burger it is like sprinkling it with gold. The vegetables all add a nice amount of blandness and freshness that helps balance with the strength and richness of the hearty chunks of bleu cheese. Some nice flavor is added by the chipotle mayo when it is not overpowered by the taste of the cheese. I got cheese fries with it as well. Dutch's adds their thick queso and shredded cheddar to the fries. They are delicious but heavy and you will need a fork to eat them.

Rating 5/5- "It's the Bee's Knees"

I cannot get enough of this burger. I have probably eaten it at least once a month for the past three years and have no problem keeping that trend alive. It has been ranked one of Texas' top 10 burgers and it is clear to see why once tried. If you don't like bleu cheese..... sucks to be you. If you do, try this burger. NOW!!!!!

Can we get much higher.....

No comments:

Post a Comment