Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Biscuit

Hi Everybody!!

The only fast food restaurant I love more than Taco Bell is Chick-Fil-A. That place is in my humble opinion the best fast food restaurant in existence. This is not because I think they have the best food (although they might have the best chicken, waffle-fries, and milkshakes) but because every Chick-Fil-A I go to is super clean and has the best service. I mean even the worst Chick-Fil-A I have been to in downtown Houston still was cleaner and had as good of service as the best Mcdonalds I have visited. These guys really stand out among Fast Food. I used to go there so much that the one in my hometown knows me by name still, after I have been in college 300 miles away for 3 YEARS!! That is insane customer service.

Anyways I felt like it was time I give their new Spicy Chicken Buscuit a shot. The Spicy Chicken Sandwhich was a good addition to the lineup, and the Chicken Busciut still remains to be my favorite fast food breakfast item around. How could this be bad right?!

Well unfortunately it did not live up to the expectations I had. Granted those were very high and I hold Chick-Fil-A to a certain standard but still it was a tad upsetting. So I basically just got the combo, with the Spicy Chicken Biscuit(SPB), hash-browns, and an OJ. First lets talk about the SPB. The biscuit was perfect, as almost always. Sometimes they do not add butter so they can run a tad dry but this one had just the right amount. It was flaky and moist and just the way I like them. The chicken is were the SPB fails. It reminded me of a giant Spicy nugget from Wendy's. I like the seasoning, it definitely looks authentic and had good flavor to it. It is spicy but not overwhelming. The problem lies with the breading to chicken ratio. There was way too much breading on this. I felt like I was eating a nugget. A typical piece of chicken from Chick-Fil-A has a pretty thin amount of breading so I was thrown off. Also the biscuit and spicy did not really mix well. There was nothing to neutralize the heat.

I went ahead and added some cheese and that helped but not enough. This is really just hurt by the chicken, which sucks because the fundamentals are what Chick-Fil-A is normally so good at. I think if they added cream cheese or something to it, that could save it but otherwise it is an item that does not meet the Chick-Fil-A quality i expect. The hash-browns were delicious as always, golden and brown but not too greasy. They also switch their OJ to a good size jug of Simply Orange which is awesome! Now I do not feel like I am getting ripped off when I spend two bucks on OJ (or at least not as bad).


Rating: 2/5 Stars- "It's Not Worth It"

The only thing this does is hurt my opinion of Chick-Fil-A quality. I feel like after doing such a great job with the Spicy Sandwich they would have gotten this right. It is okay though, I still love you Chick-Fil-A!! Just not this item. 

Tell next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment