Thursday, January 6, 2011

In-N-Out Burger

So being a Texan and never living anywhere outside the state of Texas makes going to In-N-Out a real treat. I still remember the first time I went, thinking there was no way a place that only has two food items on the menu will be that good. Well I was wrong as usual and In-N-Out is one of my favorite burger chains......ever.

What I got- Double Double, Animal Style with Animal Fries and a Neapolitan shake and a water.


So I think most people understand how In-N-Out works but I will explain quickly anyways. They have burgers, fries, shakes and thats about it. They have a "Secret Menu" that is not that secret if you know anything about In-N-Out. The menu stops at a double cheeseburger but you can get literally any size, you just have to ask. Another thing not on the menu that is my absolute favorite is the option for Animal Style. This just means grilled onions and more of the "secret sauce", which is just their version of Thousand Island Dressing. You can make fries Animal Style also, just add cheese to the above. 

If I had to choose just one plain burger to eat the rest of my life, In-N-Out holds the crown at the moment. I have a lot of burger places I love but In-N-Out just has the best plain old fashioned burger. No tricks, no gimmicks, no special toppings. It is just a toasted bun, thin but juicy burger, a thick slice of cheese, all the veggies (which are crisp and fresh), and just the right amount of special sauce. Simply put, it is magical how beautifully basic it is. The fries are crisp and golden, and once smothered with cheese, grilled onions, and special sauce they are the best way to eat fries. The shakes are frothy and flavorful, but not too strong, they are not too thick, and not too watery. I got a Neapolitan, which is just a combo of all the three flavors and they are all delicious by themselves.

Rating 5/5 - "It's the Bee's Knees"

I am glad In-N-Out sticks to the basics and just perfects that. I will admit though I am curious what It would be like if they made a guacamole burger or something like that, especially because everything i so fresh there. Either way I would rather they stick to what they do and leave that stuff to the Smash Burgers of the world. I recently have learned In-N-Out is coming to Fort Worth and I really hope it is because I can test if my love for this place is true or if it is just because I get it so rarely. Anyways as for now I love this place. 

Tell next time,

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment